Wednesday, June 29, 2005

getting crunch time...

hey yall
this is perhaps the last post of the whole shootin match...perhaps when i return i might have some things to say...we shall see! our time here is practically over and my thoughts are leaning toward home severely...what is it that i have learned? several things, some best left unspoken but many i feel necessary and even critical to mention...

i read today a quote by g.k. chesterton that addresses my biggest lesson this summer: GREED...

"the best way to satisfy greed is to accumulate more and more, or desire less and less."

i guess when i came to china i thought...moths and rust are for the rich people...i came here and found that i am rich!
----
another area that has been brought to my attention with a great deal of persistance is: what i think about...what captivates me? what subject dominates my idle thoughts?

a few quotes that have proved useful, in the slightest, i will list...
c.s. lewis-"no subject of contemplation tends more to humble the mind, than thoughts of father"...

word-"take every thought captive and make it obedient to jc" 2 cor. 10.5

simeon wiel mentioned that we have to faculty of worship instilled in us...that worship is directed into this world or into another...we have no other option...idolatry or father?
----
one last area that has been a sweet lesson here is love...do i love people like 1 cor 13 says i should, if i am indeed of the Light?

c.s. lewis says, and i paraphrase without his prolific vocab, that when one falls in love they have indeed fulfilled the law (loving your neighbor as yourself, at least to one person)...they have put all thoughts of themselves aside and implanted anothers interest in the center of their being...they have leaped in one huge bound the massive wall of the self...this is a foretaste, an image of what it would be like to live LOVE, it is at least preparation for it.
----

lifting up hardcore that the plane ride from here to there would not blur the things father has tried to get through my hard head these past few weeks...knowing that people who write about greed and idolatry don't learn of its destruction without being living proof of it...knowing also that love i will never figure out, but can indeed grow in...hoping most of all that this wasn't a TRIP...trips are forgotten or perhaps remembered once in a while with pictures that are stuck together and faded...i know this has been a orchastrated time of at least showing me how temporary our time is and how fragile we are and also how important we are in spreading LOVE...not the 60s and 70s kind of love, but the living kind...

getting on a plane in two days...i ask one last time for your prs that i not get off that plane and land into the mold i just left...because hopefully father has made it to where i won't fit that one anymore...

i ask also that you continue to pr with me that these people would see the light and that the ones that have indeed come to know him would continue on in him!! father has been good to harvest here, but the work is far from done...we will leave brothers and sisters from the states here that havent thought of home in years because they have made theirs here...they put their hand on the plow and havent looked back...would you pr for their endurance!

the greatest of these is love...

jon

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon
Well I'm here again in the computer lab because my 2 hour class got out 1.5 hours early. I saw a fresh post and thought I would jump on it. Man its good to hear how much you have grown from this trip. It is evident just by reading your posts. I hope to hear all about it soon. I'm pretty sure that this doesn't sound like one of those mountain-top times because you seemed to have changed your perspective. Instead of looking at the beam and analyzing it you seem to be both look at and along the beam of light in the shed.(CS) I think that pretty much describes it all perfectly. I just hope I can do the same man. Have a safe trip back. I'm going to HSB to meet Drew on Saturday and we'll probably stay there until Tuesday or Wednesday. You are awesome, cool, tight, etc...
Jerod

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:58:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT. Bud, I'm so pumped to finally get to read about your life over there! I just made it home from an amazing 5 weeks in Camp O. I can't wait to see ya in CS and hear all about your experience. It sounds like Papa is teaching you some powerful things about your life and about this world. What I learned from camp is that the experience itself does not end when the plane lands, but continues throughout life. I learned many things in my time at Ozark. But I know the lessons I'll learn on down the road because of that experience will be huge and abundant. And I'm so pumped to see Daddy reveal those things to me in time! Jon, enjoy and savor these last few moments. He's been so good to us all, and he deserves all the praise we can muster. Thanks for all you've taught me, and thanks for your love and passion for A-Reub! You're a huge model...keep on leadin'! Your in my yarpers.
-KRut

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon...You may not read this until you are home, but I wanted to let you know that you have been much in our prs the whole time you have been gone. I am humbled by your willingness to be used by father. Your desire to be changed by him through this experience is evident and awe-inspiring for me. I especially like the picture of not fitting into the mold that you left here when you return. As others in the fam have said, we missed you and Matt in nocona on g'pa's birthday. Will continue to lift you up until you return safely home. So proud of you,
Aunt Marcy

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:14:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon-
I am so sorry that this is the first time I have made contact with you since you've been gone. But I just read what my mom wrote and I ditto that! I have been talking to father about you, and I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back. Hope you're not too upset about me not writing until now. Talk to you soon.
Jessi

 
At Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:06:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In many cases they did all three. [url=http://www.2012canadagoosepascher.fr]Doudoune Canada Goose[/url] Indeed, the British had an even larger 32 pounder anti-tank gun waiting in the wings! practice, most artillery pieces could be pressed into the anti-tank role with varying degrees of success: the German Flak88 is the iconic example, although their standard 105mm infantry howitzer also had dual capability and may in the end have "killed" more tanks. Be sure to get this cookbook before it runs out or goes out of print. So if they don know how to do it, how can they tell the public how to do it? Well unfortunately, under today circumstances, they can But, not to worry, because everything that you need to know about healing cavities, gums, getting bone to grow back, that all a matter of knowledge, isn it? OK, that available in the written form or on cassette tapes or whatever else it is that you need to gain the knowledge.
is the leading supplier of non-concrete sidewalks in the world. [url=http://www.icanadagooseca.com]canada goose parka[/url] First, you need to ensure that you check on the return or exchange policies- This greatly eliminates the chances of getting disappointed. [url=http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca]canada goose sale[/url]
[url=http://flyballbags.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] With personal photographs as a visual diary, the couples tell of a Tiffany silver loving cup that has toasted generations of brides and grooms; falling in love in Paris and returning to New York and a first apartment; and browsing engagement rings, with the favorite later purchased by a nervous future husband for his joyous wife-to-be. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]beats by dre for cheap[/url]

 
At Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to reading and watching movies, on Thurs. [url=http://www.2012canadagoosepascher.fr]Doudoune Canada Goose[/url] new baby + 3 months nice and settled + insane decision to move + renovation craziness + teething + new atmosphere for baby negates nice routine + boxes everywhere + Josh needs eye surgery, why not + deciding we need to sell half of said boxes, way too overwhelming + needing to buy new stuff because of insane decision to sell half of said boxes + we need chickens + homeownership is intense, plumber-what? mow yard, huh? + we must start composting, like, now + where are the chickens going to live? + our neighborhood rocks, must make bff's of ALL neighbors asap + is Ev really teething or is it in my head? + what do you mean the trees need trimming lest they crush us in our sleep?! + so many yummy new cafes to try, let's never cook again! + I love/hate Home Depot + no more painting please, ever, I love neon green, no really + lots of company + I miss cooking + let's start a Bible study! + why isn't the faucet working? + why isn't the disposal working? + weddings + showers + birthdays + let's go to Nashville next week! + why do the dogs keep peeing in the floor? + I can't lift a 500 lb piano, you do it + did you just knock a hole in my freshly painted wall with that antique armoire + where are the washer and dryer again?? + is she trying to crawl? + why does my back feel a thousand years old? + seriously, are we teething or what? = um, let's redesign the blog I struggled with whether the student would, upon learning that I had "defriended" her, take this as an act of rejection or disapproval from me. You may have to swerve to avoid an aggressive party.
Additional tracts of land, including Horseshoe Island, continued to be purchased in order to create the conservation area that greets visitors today. http://www.icanadagooseca.com The town is located at the western edge of the Des Moines Lobe, the most recently glaciated section of Iowa. http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca
[url=http://flyballbags.com]canada goose[/url] Even if you select the right size and so on, when you actually receive the shoes you may find out that it may not fit you exactly right - the toe area may be too small or the overall shoe too narrow or large for your foot, and that is not a good moment to discover that you cannot return the product. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]monster beats by dre earbuds review[/url]

 
At Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing is, the further out one goes out on the modification path, the less streetable a race car becomes. [url=http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca]canada goose for sale[/url] If it looks sloppy take it off. The Fremont, Calif.-based maker of computer servers and storage systems said revenue for the three months ended April 30 rose to $10.3 million from $7.9 million. Your bereaved could have lots of speedy tasks in order to do-at a bank, a funeral service property, or perhaps a attorney's office.
The Magallan RoadMate system has a slightly larger monitor than most, at 4.7 inches, but it comes with a larger price tag too. http://www.icanadagooseca.com The stone of the diamond is said to represent innocence and is associated with the birth zodiac sign of the Taurus. [url=http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca]canada goose whistler parka[/url]
[url=http://flyballbags.com]canada goose jacket[/url] Two of my personal favs were the book Fatherland that dealt with the Nazis winning WWII (and would make for an excellent film if it were ever adapted into one), and a Superman storyline where his pod crashed in the Soviet Union and a Russian couple ended up raising him instead of the Kents. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]beats by dre apple green[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home